Thursday, May 2, 2013

Engine Tear Down

Well im kind of dualing blogs right now. this post is about my 1986 mr2 and il be shooting a video of  the car on friday and hopefully have it uploaded to the channel on Sunday JOE'S MR2 CHANNEL.
basically if you read any early stuff from my blog you know the mr2's engine is locked up and i want to rebuild it.
   Now the problem i face is when i remove it with it locked up how to remove the pistons and rotating assembly . well one way to free it up is to pour transmission fluid into the cylinders and give it time(days) to soak through. in my early videos other things i try didnt work but since il be removing it and not trying to get it to turn it will be the way to go. so that when i remove the pistons the rings dont score the bore and cause me many more issues.
   so basically i will have my work cut out for me.   Stay Tuned for more

No comments:

Post a Comment